- To elucidate the complete DNA sequence of the potato genome (850 Mbp) by the end of 2010.
|| The primary objective of the Potato Genome Sequencing Consortium (PGSC) is to elucidate the complete DNA sequence of the potato genome (850 Mbp) by the end of 2010. This task is being performed by an international consortium of academic and industrial organizations experienced in large scale sequencing efforts with excellent track records in potato research. Read more...
The specific goals of the project are:
- >95% of genes plus regulatory regions
- >95% of ESTs (>250 bp, 10 Ns)
- >50% of the genome anchored to chromosome (that should contain 80% of the genes)
- set of annotated genes
- public access
- N50 contig size > 15 kb
- N50 scaffold size > 0.5 Mb
This page was last modified on 3 September 2009, at 02:15.
This page has been accessed 69,311 times.